Re: panes.switch and working dir

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:11:01 +1100

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:50:28 +0100
Giancarlo Bianchi <giancarlo.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > However, file-roller -e %D %f does seem to work.
>
> It works, and I use it, but what I want is an option to create a
> directory in the other pane with the archive name, and extract it there.
> "ark --guess-name --extract-to %D %f" will do it, but I would prefer not
> to start all the KDE stuff, as I stated in my previous mail. Reasonable
> alternative is to live without an option I sometime use...

Something like:
panes.switch;mkdir %F;cd %F;panes.switch;file-roller -e %D %f
will not work, as the cd will be asyncronous so the archive will not be
unpacked into the created subdir.

Probably the nearest you can get is:
panes.switch;mkdir %F;panes.switch;file-roller -e %D/%f %f
i.e. no automatic cd in the inactive pane. Or I suppose you could append
another:
panes.switch;cd %F;panes.switch

Perhaps we should do something about a synchronous cd, but that's not so simple.