Re: new pre-release

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:56:39 +0200

Hello Tom,

On 9/15/08, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've posted a new pre-release at http://emelfm2.net/DownLoads, annotated at
> http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.

I'm experiencing random messages with the Crypt plugin. I have a 9.7MB
encrypted file, using Salsa20 and LZO. Follows the behaviour I notice.

Entering a password similar to the right one, I get this error message:
"Unknown compression library
Error decompressing file /tmp/Models.tar.enc".

Entering a password (differently) similar to the right one gives:
"Wrong password for /tmp/Models.tar.enc".

Entering a dummy "asdfasdf" password the error is as follows:
"Error decompressing file /tmp/Models.tar.enc".

At any rate, I was able to successfully decrypt the file (after having
recalled the correct password). The cause of the above errors might
lie in my password containing "funny" characters, like # $ @ &.

Regards,
Liviu