Re: kernel 2.6.31-rc8, inotify

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:28:38 -0400

Le Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:55:01 -0400,
Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:27:48 -0400
> Grégory SCHMITT wrote:
>
> > I've switched today to the latest rc of the kernel (2.6.31-rc8) and
> > I have noticed that the new mechanisms of kernel FAM / inotify seem
> > to break emelFM2 internal mechanism of refreshing panels.
>
> I'm also running rc8 and see no such issue.
>
> Which build option are you passing and which version of E2
>
> WITH_KERNELFAM ?= ??
> USE_INOTIFY ?=    ??
> USE_FAM ?=        ??
>
> I use
> USE_INOTIFY ?= 1 and emelfm2-0.6.2cvs1825

Sorry, I forgot that information.

So, I'm running
- Debian Lenny 5.0
- kernel 2.6.31-rc8, inotify enabled, dnotify disable
- emelFM2 0.6.2 (later upgrades don't seem to bring any inotify
change); tried KERNELFAM=1 (which automatically enables INOTIFY), and
INOTIFY=1 withouth kernel FAM.
- not running any other file alteration monitors (gamin, fam daemon,
etc.)

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>