Re: is "emelfm2 -l" still working ?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:49:39 +1000

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:59:11 +0200
Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> emelFM2 v.0.3.4pre-release
>
> Launching "emelfm2 -l" in order to log all error messages will start
> emelfm2 and crash immediately after.

This seems to have flushed out some poor UI behaviour unrelated to logging. I
think it's now fixed.

BTW, logging is supposed to always apply, except when the code is built with
debug support (in which case you should be able to get enough feedback
interactively). So really, the -l option is for use when debugging and you want
that extra record of gtk error messages.

I confess I've never actually checked that it does log things, maybe the
messages are only displayed. Maybe that's enough, anyhow ?