Re: improvements for testing and reporting bugs

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:44:49 +0200

Hello Tom
Looks very interesting.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's possible that something about emelFM2's operation really depends on
> selected options and in a way that would facilitate debugging, though I'm yet
> to be convinced that in practice, this is so.
>
> Since -v|--version is taken already, added, for now at least, -o|--original

Unfortunately r2550 fails to build here:
>make WITH_KERNELFAM=1 NEW_COMMAND=1 EDITOR_SPELLCHECK=1 WITH_LATEST=1
>WITH_GTK2=1 WITH_THUMBS=1 WITH_THUMBLIB=0 WITH_TRACKER=1 WITH_ACL=1
>WITH_POLKIT=1 WITH_UDISKS=1 WITH_OUTPUTSTYLES=1 DEBUG=1  (29348)
generating 'objs/src/config/e2_option.deps'
generating 'objs/src/config/e2_cl_option.deps'
generating 'objs/src/config/e2_cache.deps'
generating 'objs/src/e2_main.deps'
generating 'objs/src/e2_fileview.deps'
compiling 'src/e2_fileview.c'
compiling 'src/e2_main.c'
compiling 'src/config/e2_cache.c'
compiling 'src/config/e2_cl_option.c'
src/config/e2_cl_option.c: In function ‘_e2_cl_option_print_build’:
src/config/e2_cl_option.c:52: error: ‘BUILDOPTS’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
src/config/e2_cl_option.c:52: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
src/config/e2_cl_option.c:52: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [objs/src/config/e2_cl_option.o] Error 1
>make WITH_KERNELFAM=1 NEW_COMMAND=1 ... OUTPUTSTYLES=1 DEBUG=1 (29348)
>returned '2'

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?