Re: help files mismatch

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:01:08 +0200

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:10:01 +0200
> Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In the package that I'm distributing in my Ubuntu PPA I notice the
>> following issue: the path advertised for the help file is different
>> from the one actually attempted when hitting the 'view' button in the
>> About dialogue. (See attached screenshot.) The actual file is located
>> in this installation at: /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/USAGE.gz
>>
>> Is this a known issue? Regards,
>
> No, it just indicates a mismatch between the "PREFIX" used to build, and the
> one used in the package.

What could trigger this mismatch? I use
$(MAKE) PREFIX=/usr $(MAKEOPTS)

and then
$(MAKE) install PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/emelfm2/usr/
$(MAKE) install_i18n PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/emelfm2/usr/

Both point to the '/usr' path. And the actual help files end up in the
package at /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/ . So what would confuse emelFM2
into trying to access the help files at /usr/local ?

Thanks,
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?