Re: gtk+-2.6.0

  • From: David Jensen <djensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:40:01 -0600

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Sometime real soon now, I must upgrade my gtk to 2.6. In the meantime, there's a couple > of hacks in the branch code which might be broken for 2.6, but not
necessarily obviously so.

In particular, does file-pane column re-organisation (dragging) still work ok?

Yes, works fine.

Do directories with a lot (say, > 500) of entries still load as quickly as before?

My Linux 'HOWTO' directory, 2784 files loads slowly with both release and pre-release, I believe it's faster than Nautilus though. :)

I am not booting the partition with gtk+-2.6.0 (other than to check the above). Ruby-gtk will not build with 2.6.0. At least it doesn't build the gtk-pixbuf bindings, and that menas no gui. So I wait.

---
David Jensen