Re: gtk_text_buffer errors & two questions

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:38:55 +1100

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:23:02 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

>  gtk_text_buffer errors were due to WITH_OUTPUTSTYLES 1.

Then we should try to figure out what was going wrong with that. The
style-parsing mechanism was developed and tested using english-language, and
there may be some problem with UTF-8 text. And even more so with non-UTF-8 text.

>  I have two questions:
> 1. Is it possible to change color of commands in output pane?

Do you mean just the echo/repeat of the running command ? If so, no. That's
about the only colour that's hard-coded. Not sure why.

> 2. How to get rid of squares and wrong symbols in output pane?

Some (the squares) are control characters, normally for terminal control.
Enabling WITH_OUTPUTSTYLES is intended to deal with some of those (it's not a
fully-fledged terminal, so the parser's coverage is not comprehensive).

Some may be completely unrecognised text - probably using an encoding different
from the one set for your operating environment. Output listings are processed
as whole-lines, and converted to UTF-8 according to the user's system settings.
Nothing reasonable can be done about mixed encodings. Trying to check and
correct the encoding of each character as it's being printed is very slow.