Re: filelist - sort order

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:34:03 +0200

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't comment on the others, but e2 uses glib functionality which,
> according to API information, "compares strings for ordering using the
> linguistically correct rules for the current locale" but with special
> treatment of any ".". Maybe it's that special treatment which is mis-behaving
> ?

It seems there are issues with other characters:
"R-help archive May 2004: Re: [R] Export summary statistics to latex_01.mht
R help archive: Re: [R] Export to LaTeX.mht
Ricci-refcard-regression.pdf
Ricci-refcard-ts_1.pdf
R-intro.pdf
Rivera-Tutorial_Sweave.pdf
R-lang.pdf
R_language.pdf
Rmanual.pdf
Rnews_2004-2.pdf
Rnews_2005-1.pdf
Rnews_2006-2.pdf
Rnews_2007-2.pdf
Rnews_2007-3.pdf
Rnews_2008-1.pdf
[R-pkgs] Rcmdr 1.3-0 and RcmdrPlugins.TeachingDemos.mht
R: Principal Component Analysis - dudi.pca.mht
R_relative_statpack.pdf
[R] RODBC fail install.html
R tips & tricks.R
rv.pdf
rwiki-graphics-export.html.mht"

"R help*" and "R tips*" are separated by a big bunch of documents.
"R-intro.pdf" is between "Ricci-refcard*" and "Rivera-Tutorial*".
Many non "R-*" docs get between "R-help*" and "R-intro*".
As the above for "R_language*" and "R_relative*".

I couldn't say what would be the right way to sort all this mess, but
as it stands it doesn't seem right. However, the terminal orders them
similarly:
liviu@localhost /tmp/test $ ls
[...]

But Thunar does not (see attached). Personally, I'd probably expect a
Thunar-sort of sorting.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?