emelfm2-tom-20060621: e2 becomes unresponsive after confirm overwrite dialog has been shown

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:05:15 -0400

Me again :)

If I copy a file to a dir that contains a file with the same name, I
am... naturally enough... presented with a dialog asking to confirm my
wish to overwrite. It seems to work fine, the first time. Sometimes,
even for a second or third time, but always e2 reaches the point that
it becomes unresponsive.

To explain.... I have a copy of a file in each of two dirs.

1. Select the file in pane2
2. Click Copy
3. Click any choice in the resulting dialog. OK copies the file normally
   and "No" cancels the operation normally.
4. But now the UI will no longer respond to my input.

I do not mean that the UI is frozen. At this point, the UI *appears* to
work... that is, buttons depress and menus pop-up and disappear when
clicked. It's just that nothing actually happens.

In the debug output I see something similar to this each time I
attempt an action in the UI:

[DEBUG ] callback: mouse button press
[DEBUG ] callback: cursor changed
[DEBUG ] callback: button release
[DEBUG ] e2_action_run (from:, rt:file.copy)
[DEBUG ] Not enough memory for task history data

I'll attach the full debug output from one test run.

emelfm2-tom-20060621 compiled with default options except DEBUG=1:

gtk+-2.8.18
atk-1.10.3
pango-1.10.4
glib-2.8.6