Re: [emelfm2] invokes systemd?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:29:23 +1000

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:54:52 +0200
Joe Koenig <joe.koenig@xxxxxx> wrote:

> * tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:18:59 +0200
> > Joe Koenig <joe.koenig@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > for quite some time now, I've noticed a strange behavior
> > > regarding emelfm2.  Whenever I close/quit emelfm2 I notice a
> > > significant cpu-load. 'top' tells me this much:
> > >
> > >    %CPU %MEM     TIME+    COMMAND
> > >    99.5 10.9     1:27.51  systemd-journal
> > >
> > > What has emelfm2 to do with systemd?
> >
> > Nothing.
>
> OK, I'm guessing you're saying that the invocation of systemd
> is not within the realm of emelfm2 (it's source code).
>
> I can relate to that.  You're probably right.  It's maybe being
> invoked by the operating system.  But it's evident (at least to me)
> that, every time I close/quit emelfm2 my cpu-load rises
> significantly by the 'systemd-journal' process.
>
> Isn't it reasonable to assume a connection?  Maybe someone can give
> me a hint on where to start digging?

This is a long-shot guess.

In 0.8.2 at least, one-too-many data lines could sometimes get into the config
data for any plugin that has more than one action e.g. the copy plugin. Because
of this, at session-end the application tried to clean up the related resources
twice, and crashed. Users would generally not notice the crash, as it happened
late in the shutdown process.

Would that trigger a systemd hissy fit?

If so, best choice is to upgrade to 0.9.0 and refresh your plugins config data.

You could try editing your config file, look for things like -

true|true|_Copy|plugin_copy_48.png||e2p_cpbar.so||cpbar0.8.2
        true|true|_Copy||Copy selected .....
        true|true|Copy with _times||Copy selected .....

There should be only one indented line for each action. I don't know if
manually removing any extra line will permanently fix the crash.