Re: emelfm2 bug?

  • From: Serge <omoikane@xxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 05:10:31 +0400

Hello.
More news -
installed emelfm2_0.8.2-1~oneiric~ppa1_i386 and emelfm2-svn_0.8.3~svn20130111~oneiric1_i386 for Ubuntu.
smplayer bug disappeared in both.
compiled 0.8.2 again - bug present.

about "&" - in the 0.8.2, commands with & at the end is executed as without it, if running it from file associations. If running from toolbar or command bar, output from emelfm is hided, from external program is showed. In 0.8.3, always hided output from emelfm.

smplayer %p
">smplayer "/home/serge/Videos/Возвращение героя.avi"   (12643)
This is SMPlayer v. 0.8.3 running on Linux
smplayer "/home/serge/Videos/Возвращение героя.avi" (12643) returned '0'"

smplayer %p &
"This is SMPlayer v. 0.8.3 running on Linux"

(added 15 minuts ago)
Compiled 0.8.2 with
NEW_COMMAND=1
 USE_INOTIFY=1
 WITH_ACL=1
 WITH_GTK2=1
 WITH_KERNELFAM=1
 WITH_LATEST=1
 WITH_OUTPUTSTYLES=1
 WITH_POLKIT=1
 WITH_TRACKER=1

smplayer is working properly now, no hangs.

Two questions)
With current xfce theme both pane cursors (selection) with the same color.
What exactly i need to change in gtkrc? For different colors?
I can switch theme to xfce-orange for example but most themes doesn't support
gtk3 applications.

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:42:06 +0400, Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 08:51:22 +0400, <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 02:41:47 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

Hello again.
I mean only one toolbar for both panes, like command bar.
Two toolbars with same buttons looking strange. It is irrational IMO.
Buttons and other elements on one toolbar can communicate with active pane,
like button with user command.

Well, each to his/her own, I guess. Other users (me included) find it useful to be able to change some aspect(s) of the inactive pane without making it active.

Okay, i can live with two toolbars)

And i have more problems!
:-)
If video files in emelfm is associated with smplayer,
smplayer hangs when i try to close it or access program settings.
Smplayer hangs even with "xfce4-terminal -e 'smplayer %p &'" or
xdg-open commands. But all works correctly when started from
terminal, thunar, doublecmd or mc.
emelfm completely ignoring "&" sign in commands.

From the USAGE document:
"adding '&' to the end of a command will run it in the background, and all [console] output other than standard error is suppressed."

That said, I don't yet know what your problem might be. Each executed application runs in its own separate process, so I'm at a loss to know how yours is being affected. When I run the equivalent
  terminal -e 'smplayer %p &' (or just smplayer %p)
it works just as would be expected.

Can you shed any further light? Logs or console text or ???

No errors in terminal and smplayer log.
After clicking X, mplayer stop playing video and
smplayer gui hangs completely. After some seconds gtk dialog popups:
"This window might be busy and is not responding.
Do you want to terminate the application?"
Can you push me to the right direction?
Maybe some system logs?

And & sign is ignored. Image files associated with command "xnview %p &",
output:
">xnview "/home/serge/Downloads/ridge_racer_modoki02.jpg"   (352)
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method MyTabBar::layoutTabs()
Object::connect: No such slot AbstractViewWindow::onCut()
Object::connect: No such slot AbstractViewWindow::onPaste()
Object::connect: No such slot AbstractViewWindow::onClear()
Object::connect: No such slot AbstractViewWindow::onBackColor()
---------
bla-bla alot of output
---------
######ThumbLoaderThread :: forever : a1823f0
TIME  0
### ThumbLoaderThread :: updateFileList
ThumbLoaderThread :: stop()
### ThumbLoaderThread :: stop() ok
### ThumbLoaderThread :: updateFileList ok
## BaseViewWindow :: ~BaseViewWindow()
ThumbLoaderThread :: stop()
### ThumbLoaderThread :: stop() ok
ThumbLoaderThread :: stop()
### ThumbLoaderThread :: stop() ok
######ThumbLoaderThread :: run : a1823f0 OK
## BaseViewWindow :: ~BaseViewWindow() ok
AbstractViewWindow :: ~AbstractViewWindow()
====> 0.000000 0.000000 (1280 869)
xnview "/home/serge/Downloads/ridge_racer_modoki02.jpg" (352) returned '0'

"

And second problem -
"aplay /usr/share/sounds/question.wav & zenity --question
--title="Remove..."
--window-icon="/usr/share/icons/Tango/16x16/actions/edit-delete.png"
--text="Do you wish to permanently\nremove the selected file(s)?" ; if [
$? = 0 ] ; then sudo rm -r %p ; fi"
  doesn't work in emelfm.
Maybe i need to modify command somehow, but command is working properly
in thunar or terminal.
Output:
"sh>aplay /usr/share/sounds/question.wav & zenity ... d file(s)?" (12681)
returned '0'

> if [ $? = 0 ]
Failed to execute child process "if" (No such file or directory).
> then sudo rm -r "/opt/Screenshot - 06152013 - 03:36:36 AM.png"
Failed to execute child process "then" (No such file or directory).
> fi
Failed to execute child process "fi" (No such file or directory)."

Thanks for reading)

The terminal emulator within the application is not a full-blown shell, and so any "complicated" commands are routed externally to the user's normal interpreter, for processing. Each (';'-separated) sub-command is processed independently.

In your example, we can see this from the "sh>" at the start of the reported output, and the failure to know what to do with the "if" command.

Again, from USAGE:
adding '>>' to the beginning of a "joined" external command will cause it to run as a single command in a separate shell... This is necessary if you do not want the individual components of the joined command to be individually sent to the shell.

Maybe i am stupid, but adding >> to the beginning of command change nothing.
The same output:
"sh>aplay /usr/share/sounds/question.wav & zenity ... d file(s)?" (31971) returned '0'

if [ $? = 0 ]
Failed to execute child process "if" (No such file or directory).
then sudo rm -r "/home/serge/Downloads/test-22.ogv"
Failed to execute child process "then" (No such file or directory).
fi
Failed to execute child process "fi" (No such file or directory)."

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.10.289 Version/12.02