Re: emelfm2 bug?

  • From: Serge <omoikane@xxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 02:41:47 +0400

Hello again.
I mean only one toolbar for both panes, like command bar.
Two toolbars with same buttons looking strange. It is irrational IMO.
Buttons and other elements on one toolbar can communicate with active pane,
like button with user command.
And i have more problems!
:-)
If video files in emelfm is associated with smplayer,
smplayer hangs when i try to close it or access program settings.
Smplayer hangs even with "xfce4-terminal -e 'smplayer %p &'" or
xdg-open commands. But all works correctly when started from
terminal, thunar, doublecmd or mc.
emelfm completely ignoring "&" sign in commands.

And second problem -
"aplay /usr/share/sounds/question.wav & zenity --question --title="Remove..." --window-icon="/usr/share/icons/Tango/16x16/actions/edit-delete.png" --text="Do you wish to permanently\nremove the selected file(s)?" ; if [ $? = 0 ] ; then sudo rm -r %p ; fi"
 doesn't work in emelfm.
Maybe i need to modify command somehow, but command is working properly
in thunar or terminal.
Output:
"sh>aplay /usr/share/sounds/question.wav & zenity ... d file(s)?" (12681) returned '0'

if [ $? = 0 ]
Failed to execute child process "if" (No such file or directory).
then sudo rm -r "/opt/Screenshot - 06152013 - 03:36:36 AM.png"
Failed to execute child process "then" (No such file or directory).
fi
Failed to execute child process "fi" (No such file or directory)."

Thanks for reading)

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 04:20:30 +0400, <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:38:38 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the answer.
Okay, this is feature)
But this is not history then, this is some kind of bookmarks i think.
Now i can add entry and delete ONE entry by "dirline.clear.history".
But i can't clear all history -
alt+shift+delete making nothing, no command for that combination in
settings.

Yes. For a long time, the key-combinations mentioned in my previous message have been hard-coded, for all comboboxes in the application.

More than that, alt+shift is well known hotkey for switching keyboard
layout.
alt+delete is binded to "command.clear_history".
This command doesn't clear dir history and even command history,
when command line is focused, just clear entire line.

Well, those would be bugs. I'll look into it.

History by hover over back button is very annoying)
Because first entry is completely covered by button tooltip.

Here at least, the tooltip goes away when the pointer moves from over the button to over the actual menu.

When you're sufficiently confident/familiar with the operation of the toolbar buttons, you can disable tooltips for the bar.

I have Nokia n810 with emelfm2 0.5.0 installed.
Dir history is real history there ) and "command.clear_history" is
working properly for both dirline and commandline.

I think it was about 0.6.0 that the migration to "tab-like" operation for dirlines commenced. That was about 4 years ago, and I don't recall all the historical details.

And one more question - is it possible to make one toolbar for active pane?
Two toolbars is a waste of space on low resolution screens.
On the Nokia N900 emelfm2 is unusable because of two toolbars.

The configuration options for pane1 and pane2 both include a choice to "show the pane... toolbar". It's not smart enough to always show the active-pane toolbar.

Long ago, there was some specific tailoring of the application for use on small screens. That required a build-time setting to be applied. We can revisit that, if there's much real interest in doing so.

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.10.289 Version/12.02