Re: emelfm2 bug?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:20:30 +1000

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:38:38 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the answer.
> Okay, this is feature)
> But this is not history then, this is some kind of bookmarks i think.
> Now i can add entry and delete ONE entry by "dirline.clear.history".
> But i can't clear all history -
> alt+shift+delete making nothing, no command for that combination in
> settings.

Yes. For a long time, the key-combinations mentioned in my previous message
have been hard-coded, for all comboboxes in the application.

> More than that, alt+shift is well known hotkey for switching keyboard
> layout.
> alt+delete is binded to "command.clear_history".
> This command doesn't clear dir history and even command history,
> when command line is focused, just clear entire line.

Well, those would be bugs. I'll look into it.

> History by hover over back button is very annoying)
> Because first entry is completely covered by button tooltip.

Here at least, the tooltip goes away when the pointer moves from over the
button to over the actual menu.

When you're sufficiently confident/familiar with the operation of the toolbar
buttons, you can disable tooltips for the bar.

> I have Nokia n810 with emelfm2 0.5.0 installed.
> Dir history is real history there ) and "command.clear_history" is
> working properly for both dirline and commandline.

I think it was about 0.6.0 that the migration to "tab-like" operation for
dirlines commenced. That was about 4 years ago, and I don't recall all the
historical details.

> And one more question - is it possible to make one toolbar for active pane?
> Two toolbars is a waste of space on low resolution screens.
> On the Nokia N900 emelfm2 is unusable because of two toolbars.

The configuration options for pane1 and pane2 both include a choice to "show
the pane... toolbar". It's not smart enough to always show the active-pane
toolbar.

Long ago, there was some specific tailoring of the application for use on small
screens. That required a build-time setting to be applied. We can revisit that,
if there's much real interest in doing so.