Re: emelfm2 bug?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:25:09 +1000

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:27:48 +0400
Serge <omoikane@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> First, sorry about bad english, i am not native speaker.
> Thanks for the emelfm, i like to use it.
> But there is some bug maybe - no dir history on the toolbars.
> Current directory is shown properly, i can enter path and switch to that
> by enter,
> but no history and arrow on the right is grayed.
> I am using Debian Wheezy.

Serge,

For a while now, the directories comboboxes in the toolbars have been
programmed to work a bit like tabs seen in some other file managers, or
pane-specific bookmarks. Directories are added to those boxes' histories only
when you, the user, manually initiates it.

The way to do so is to 'activate' the combobox, that is, double-click it, or
when it's focused, press <Enter>. Removal of a directory from the history is
the same as for all e2 combos, that is, press <Alt><Delete> when the relevant
directory is shown in the entry. <Shift><Alt><Delete> will clear the whole
history.

This is hardly ideal or intuitive as a user-interface, but it's the best
compromise with the 'legacy' history mode that we've found, so far.

As well, the histories of opened directories are also available as menus,
displayed when you hover a pointer over the forward or backward buttons in both
filelist panes.