Re: emelfm2 0.6.0: segfault on config update

  • From: Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 00:19:53 +0200

Am Samstag, den 09.05.2009, 16:30 -0400 schrieb Charles A Edwards:

> > > svn now has LIB_DIR ?= $(PREFIX)/lib
> >
> > I was talking about $(PREFIX)/lib vs. $(PREFIX)/lib64, but I'm not
> > sure if there is an autoconf macro for that.
>
> It is a trivial matter in Fedora to include the attached patch, and
> modify the emelfm2.spec accordingly.
>
> %ifarch x86_64
> %patch0 -p0
> %endif
>
> plugins will now be installed in /usr/lib64 on x86_64 and in
> usr/lib on ix86.

AFAIK this wont work for PPC64, so IMO using PLUGINS_DIR is easier than
a patch, take a look at
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/emelfm2/devel/emelfm2.spec?view=markup

> > > I can't specify an absolute path that suits everyone.
> >
> > Agreed, but...
> >
> > > The package should install the icon somewhere  suitable for the
> > > distro.
> >
> > AFAICT /usr/share/pixmaps/emelfm2 wont work on any distro,
> > only /usr/share/pixmaps will. So IMO emelfm2_48.png should be
> > symlinked to /usr/share/pixmaps/emelfm2.png
>
> The preferred method in xdg Is to use only the 'name' as this allows
> for the usage of different sized icons depending upon the WM/theme/etc
> which is being employed by the user.

Yes, but as long as emelfm2 icons are not provided by any theme, this
does not make much of a difference, only for scaling.

> This can also be achieved by the packager in the Fedora emelfm2.spec
> by additionally installing the icons to the preferred default icon
> directory used by Fedora.

I think I will do this in the next release.

> This is from my current mandriva emelfm2.spec which I am use for my
> svn builds.
>
> install -m 644 -D icons/emelfm2_48.png
> %{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/48x48/apps/%{name}.png
> install -m 644 -D icons/emelfm2_32.png
> %{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/32x32/apps/%{name}.png
> install -m 644 -D icons/emelfm2_24.png
> %{buildroot}%{_iconsdir}/hicolor/24x24/apps/%{name}.png

You are not preserving timestamps here. Not sure about Mandriva, but on
Fedora we support mixed arch systems with both a i386 and x86_64 package
installed. As long as the timestamps match, rpm will treat the files as
a single file, although they belong to 2 different packages.

>     Charles

Anyway: Thanks for your input, Charles.

Regards,
Christoph