Re: emelfm2 0.6.0: segfault on config update

  • From: Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 05:17:31 +0200

Am Samstag, den 09.05.2009, 11:02 +1000 schrieb tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> On Sat, 9 May 2009 10:50:19 +1000
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Better solution:
>
> Do not change e2_main.c
>
> e2p_upgrade.c at lines 135/6 is:
> //    gint choice = gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG (dialog));     //not a local
> loop as options not yet available
>       gint choice = e2_dialog_run_simple (dialog, NULL);
> Swap the commenting, i.e.
>       gint choice = gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG (dialog));     //not a local
> loop as options not yet available
> //    gint choice = e2_dialog_run_simple (dialog, NULL);

Thanks, that did the trick. 0.6.0 is now in Fedora Rawhide,
unfortunately it's to late for Fedora 11, so I'll release it as an
update there.

Three more things I'd like to mention, although they are minor:
     1. "lib" is hardcoded in the Makefile "lib" (once in
        $(PREFIX)/lib/$(TARGET)/$(LIBS)). Can this replaced to work also
        for lib64 be default, so one doesn't have to manually add
        PLUGINS_DIR?
     2. Similar to DEBUG the Makefile should have a STRIP=0 option to
        prevent stripping of binaries and libs. rpm takes care of this
        and if the binaries get stripped before, rpm is no longer able
        to create a valid emelfm2-debuginfo package.
     3. In the desktop file you define the icon with "Icon=emelfm2", but
        you are not installing it anywhere in the icon search path.
        Ether install it to say /usr/share/pixmaps or use the full path
        in the desktop file.

If these are fixed I can remove all the dirty hacks from my specfile. :)

> Regards
> Tom

Keep on your good work, it's deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Christoph