Re: emelFM2 russian locale

  • From: Alexandr Orlov <alxorlov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:15:27 +0300

Hello, Tom!
I can not mail to you directly. Your server rejects my mails, here what I got:

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
    host mx-all.pobox.com [207.106.133.17]: 554 <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
    Recipient address rejected: country/russia returned deny:
    client hostname smtp1.pochta.ru matches TLD .ru (russia)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:30:02 -0500
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you able to maintain the translation, for now at least ? In recent times,
> there have been about 10 or so string changes in each release, sometimes a
> few of them are small revisions of existing strings.
Yes, I can maintain the translation.

> If so, we need to decide how best to make this work. Most of the current
> translators use subversion client(s), and are able to get a current copy of
> the source code upon my advice that a release is imminent. After that,
> 'make i18n' will update relevant po files, and they are permitted to write
> any updated po file directly to the source code repository.
>
> Alternatively, I would need to mail an updated pot file prior to a release,
> and you would need to mail any update back to me.
>
> Which approach works better for you ?
Currently I am using subversion client to checkout latest emelfm2 source code,
so I prefer your first variant. I was never used svn to upload files before,
but I think it is not hard.

> > Also I have found a small bug, and made a patch to fix it.
> Well spotted. Turns out that there were another 6 or so instances of the
> same problem, all now fixed,
I am always glad to help.

--
Alexandr Orlov