Re: emelFM2 lock-up when using the unpack plugin

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:07:17 +1000

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:00:58 -0500
"Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Update to my previous post:
> The lock-up was triggered by my attempting to open a text file README
> using file.open (binded to the <right> key). The problematic file
> requires to be filtered by enca, but the "specify encoding" dialog
> does not appear.

I think this freezing is fixed now, in svn code (in particular,
.../src/dialogs/e2_view_dialog.c).
Are you still unable to get that?

> Another unpleasant behaviour is emel's refusal to react to "kill
> <pidof emelfm2>" or to "killall emelfm2". I did manage to kill it
> using xkill, but on my last lock-up this keybinding wasn't working,
> and I managed to get back to Xfce only by restarting X. By the way,
> emel is still running:

Your followup message confirms that a SIGKILL signal works ok. e2 does handle
SIGTERM signals, but only to do some cleanups before exiting.

The kill commands you mention do work properly here (I tested with xfce and
gnome).

So maybe it's something to do with your particular environment ? Can you
provide any more clues ?
Can anyone else see the same effect, and provide clues ?