Re: emelFM2 lock-up when using the unpack plugin

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 00:09:17 +1000

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:50:20 -0500
"Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/1/07, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think this freezing is fixed now, in svn code (in particular,
> > .../src/dialogs/e2_view_dialog.c).
> > Are you still unable to get that?
>
> Not yet. I still have to play with making subversion honour my proxy
> settings, however I doubt things have changed. Could you please send
> me the file attached?
>
> One more question about the 0.3.5 archive: is it normal that there is
> no something like WITH_CRYPT = 0 in Makefile.conf?
The crypt plugin can use, but doesn't have to use, and doesn't need build-time
information for, several external libs for [de]compression. So in that sense
it's unlike the optional-build plugins. For 'make' purposes it's treated as a
normal plugin.

> > > Another unpleasant behaviour is emel's refusal to react to "kill
> > > <pidof emelfm2>" or to "killall emelfm2". I did manage to kill it
> > > using xkill, but on my last lock-up this keybinding wasn't working,
> > > and I managed to get back to Xfce only by restarting X. By the way,
> > > emel is still running:
> >
> > Your followup message confirms that a SIGKILL signal works ok. e2 does
> > handle SIGTERM signals, but only to do some cleanups before exiting.
>
> Sometimes it does. Sometimes it don't. I often noticed that killing
> emelFM2 with xkill does indeed make the window disappear, but the
> process continues to run. Cannot give any more clues at this time.
SIGKILL is name of signal 9 - passed for kill -9 pid
SIGTERM is name of signal 15 - passed for kill [-15] pid

xkill might do something other than just initiate one of these, but a very
quick check suggests it's the same effect as plain kill.