emelFM2 for gtk3

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:04:43 +1000

A while back, Linus U reported that svn code won't build with gtk3. This post
is effectively a reply to that report (a crash cost me about 2 months of
emails, so I haven't got the original for a direct reply).

There are conditional sections in the e2 code which will be activated by
#defining variable USE_GTK3_0. More of them now, after Linus' report. That
variable would normally be defined in file emelfm2.h. ATM, the relevant line
(around line 118) is commented out, as I can't yet test it on gtk3.

There are a couple of instances where the best approach under gtk3 is not
entirely clear from the docs. However the risk is small, relates to window-size
etc, nothing about actual files.

So, anyone who's a bit adventurous, feel free to grab current svn code, edit
emelfm2.h, and give it another try under gtk3. Let us know how it goes.