emelFM2 0.7.0 released

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:19:53 +1100

Hello all.

Another month (or 3), another release. I decided to badge it as 0.7.x because I
now find myself working with it in a different manner. The directory histories
in the combo-boxes work differently now. They don't record everything opened,
just the places 'activated' (by <Enter> press or double-click in the entry) so
they function a bit like not-so-permanent bookmarks. One consequence of this is
greater reliance on the go-forward/back menus presented upon <Control>click on
the forward/back buttons in the toolbars, and now also automatically popped up
if you hover the pointer over those buttons for about 2/3 second.

I'm disappointed to report that gtk 2.18 seems to have hit us with more
instance(s) of un-documented, un-protected and asynchronous usage of the X
backend. Sporadically I've seen e2-session-shutdown when trying to do something
that involves on-screen changes. It might be just a cd, or a dialog popup, or
... ? It doesn't happen repeatably, or often, so I've not yet been able to
establish a pattern, as a basis for (yet another!) workaround of bad gtk
behaviour. Hopefully feedback from a wider group of users will assist.

As ever, details are at http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.

Thanks once again to our translators, for their recent updates.