Re: emelFM2 0.3.2 cannot make

  • From: Myles Green <rmg57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:18:57 -0700

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:31:02 -0500
dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am getting this after typing make
>
> Package freetype2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `freetype2.pc'
> Package 'freetype2', required by 'cairo', not found

It looks to me like you need to install the freetype2-devel package.
I'm using Debian Etch and had no problems building this version just a
few hours ago. If you happen to be using a Debian-based distro, install
'build-essential' which is just a meta-package that gets and installs
everything you need to build software. I also make it a habit of
installing the devel package(s) for every application I install so I
don't have to go hunting for it later on.

Regards, Myles
--
Myles Green
Geek by nature. Linux by choice.