Re: emel fails on relative links

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 07:55:40 +0100

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:20:52 +0100
> Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that latest SVN fails to correctly parse relative
>> links. Take this example:
>
> It fails because (presumably) you don't have a directory /share, much less
> descendants of that.
>
>> Item: /usr/bin/pwmje
>> Type: Symbolic Link to /share/passwordmaker-je/pwmje.jar
>
> Normally, the above should be relative, i.e.
> Type: Symbolic Link to ../share/passwordmaker-je/pwmje.jar
>
> When I create a corresponding link here, using emelfm2, the ".." prefix is
> present.
>
>>  (which is missing)
>> Size: 35 bytes
>
> So, question: how did your link get set up badly?

As far as I can see the link is fine. Executing the link works OK from
the console, ls -l shows all in green meaning that the target is
present:
root@liv-laptop:/usr/bin# ls -l pwmje
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Dec  4 22:02 pwmje ->
../share/passwordmaker-je/pwmje.jar

and:
root@liv-laptop:/usr/bin# file pwmje
pwmje: symbolic link to `../share/passwordmaker-je/pwmje.jar'

Both commands above indicate a relative link, not an absolute one. It
seems to me that something fails on emel's side, as it considers it an
absolute link.

Liviu