Re: e2 crashes when clicking the command.mkdir-button

  • From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:47:41 +0100

Returning to this after having used 0.7.4 for a month or so.

emelfm2 now never crashes. That's good. No matter what happens I can
actually continue, in a fashion, to use it as long as I keep the
window open. Instead of crashing, now any kind of automatic refresh
just stops. There have been a few cases of this happening under normal
use, but it seems to mainly happen when moving files from one pane to
the other (f6). I don't do much copying, but I expect the same would
be the case for that.

Now, I can live without refresh, pop in and out of a directory, for
instance, and I have a updated file list. The real problem starts if I
quit emelfm2 and start it up again, then I cannot enter any
directories, and I have to delete my cache file before starting
emelfm2 to be able to use it. This is of course pretty annoying, since
I then have to, almost every time I start emelfm2:
1. delete my cache file
2. resize the window, since the default is too small for me
3. change the ratio between the panes (default doesn't seem to be
quite 50/50 for vertical split, the right pane always starts a little
bigger than the left)
4. enlarge the filename column of both panes, since I deal with a lot
of long filenames
5. add back any of my "bookmarks" (the ones in the list, showing
recent directories manually navigated to)

Any of these that could be moved somewhere permanent and not rely on
the cache file would be nice, but it looks like this version in
general works much better for me than 0.7.3 did, simply because it
doesn't crash completely :)

Arve