dynamic bookmarks

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:04:27 -0400

Hello,

I've noticed that emelFM2 doesn't update bookmarks on the fly (i.e you
have to restart emelFM2 in order to update your bookmarks menu).

How difficult would it be to implement this ?

On my system, I have a HAL events manager that automatically creates
mountpoints when pluggable devices, such as a USB flash memory, are
inserted. My typical use case would be to add a temporary bookmark to
that mountpoint.

I see two possible solutions:
- have emelFM2 use the existing HAL backend;
- create a temporary file containing temporary bookmarks that will be
removed at the end of an emelFM2 session. The format of this file
would have to be simple so that one could easily add bookmarks using
basic shell commands, such as "echo "USB flash key|||/media/usb" >>
bookmarks.temporary".

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>