Re: disk usage of hidden files

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:26:38 +0300

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It might be better to support an optional argument for the action e.g.
>> file.du .*
>
> I've committed a revised form of the plugin, which now interprets any
> action-argument as a request to check the usage of active-pane items

I also noted this unfortunate limitation. For the example of hidden
files, file.du would fail on hidden dirs contained in a non-hidden one
in the active pane. Say,
file.du !.*

would fail to spot
./test/.hidden/file.txt

Do you think there would be a workaround and make this work
recursively? Although this would (logically) apply only to the
specific case of hidden files.

> whose name matches the name or pattern (see IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Section
> 2.13.3, Patterns Used for Filename Expansion) in the argument, instead of the
> former default, which is to check the selected items.
>
> Note that if this action is initiated via the command line, you will need to
> preface a '!', to prevent unwanted addition of any selected items, and to
> prevent (possibly incomplete) expansion of something like ".*".
>
> Please evaluate.

It is necessary to prepend '!' even when configuring a toolbar item,
although I cannot manage to configure a toolbar item that behaves
properly. Is there a different way to initiate the plug-in? Perhaps a
<shft>+file.du interface, similar to that of Copy names?

Otherwise, when the syntax is correct, the plug-in seems to work fine.

Regards
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?