Re: debian sid and emelfm2

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:14:39 +0200

dsyates wrote on Sat, 21.08.2004:

> time to time. I need someone to talk me into or out of gentoo :-) I
> have run it before, but part of me wants to give gentoo another try,
> but I got debian just the way I want it right now.

well, imho, in the long term, you'll save a lot time & pain with debian.
you don't have to build packages from source, but you can. besides i
like all those nifty little systems & tools that glue debian together,
ie update-menus or update-alternatives. also, the packages are usually
of a high quality and lots of configuration work is automatically done
if you install something.

regards,

        tooar

--
There are 10 different groups of people.
That 1 who understand binary and that 1 who don't.