Re: date/time format is not convenient

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:06:26 +1100

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:44:52 +0300
BrainWorker BrainWorker <owl.brainworker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are five fixed variants of date/time format to choose from, but
> none of them fits me (at least me).
>
> I think the solution is very simple. Apart from the fixed variants,
> there must be the way to set any format that user likes. The most
> obvious way is to let user define his own format with parameters of
> strftime function. That's it. With that parameters ANY wish can be
> satisfied. For example, I would like to see usual form YYYY-MM-DD
> HH:mm:ss, but I can't with given fixed variants.

Simple concept, a bit tricky to implement well in e2.

Because the configuration GUI is split between basic and advanced (where such
custom date formatting would surely belong), we'd need to figure out a
mechanism for sensibly handling a disabled option (the current format-picker)
in basic mode, without confusing users too much.

I'm happy to try to make this work properly, when I get a bit of time.