cpu maxed out in some operations after gtk3 upgrade

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 00:01:24 +0100

Hi,

This is a preliminary report of an issue that has arisen today and which I have
not had time fully to investigate yet.

Running Arch, my usual full update today was large and included an upgrade
of gtk3 3.12.2-1 -> 3.14.3-2 - which is the usual suspect.

Since the upgrade copying of files from one directory to another is maxing out
one of my two cpu's. The operation seems to complete, but the cpu stays at 100%
until the instance of emelfm2 is killed.  The high cpu usage appears under xorg
rather than being attributed to emelfm2 itself.

I have recompiled against the new library, but to no effect. On one occasion,
running emelfm2 from an xterm, emelfm2 crashed with "resource no longer
available".

Midnight here. Will delve more in due course unless someone suggests an easy
fix (said the optimist).

Geoff