Re: change drag-n-drop to "mv"

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:04:12 +0100

Hello

On 5/18/10, Joe Koenig <joe.koenig@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  is it possible to make drag 'n drop (between pane1 and pane2) behave as a
>  "move/mv" action instead of "copy/cp"?

You can use the <shift> key to change the cp into mv.

However this touches to somethign that was raised a while ago: it
would be great if the user could define the default file operation for
DnD (I would choose file.cpbar_with_time), and the secondary one when
using shft + DnD (here it would be file.mvbar). Personally I am often
reluctant to use the DnD mechanism in emel since it always involves
loss of file info: all the dates are reset. I am not sure that GTK
allows such fine-tuning, though.
Liviu