Re: bugreport: the %f macro

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:51:39 +1100

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:16:07 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > ...or...
> > > ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
> > > ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
> > > preloaded: ignored. opera: Activated running instance
> > > returned '118'
> > >
> > > ...and this I get in opera's address bar...
> > > file://localhost/mnt/verbatim/regularexpressions/wikka.htm
> > >
> > ÃÃ,zÂj{ÂÂÃÃrÂâyÃÃÅÃ^â+-o+ÂÃÂÂÃÅÅ[hzgÂ~mÃÂÃ(r)zÃÃ~ÂÅâ+-ÂÃ+ÆÂâÃÂÂÃÃrÂâ{ÃÂÂÂÂÂÃrÃÃzWhÂÂÂÂ"ÅÂÂâa{âÅ{^ÂÃÅ
> > That's a different matter, relating to how macros work.
> >
> > It looks like the executed command was in fact
> > opera file://%d%f
> > where the %d and %f were expanded into the quoted strings as reported
> >
> > If opera can cope with embedded spaces in the document path, another
> > way is to use
> > opera file://%%d%%f
> > which will unquote the strings, giving
> > opera file:///mnt/verbatim/regular expressions/wikka.htm
> > or
> > opera file://localhost%%d%%f would make it closer to opera's display
> >
> > If neither of those is satisfactory, then something to replace embedded
> > space characters with "%20" (or something otherwise acceptable) will
> > have to be implemented. Not yet sure what is the best substitute, or
> > how best to do the substitution.
>
> Neither was satisfactory. Macro spaces give Opera a headache. I may be
> very wrong, but the command file://%%d%%f is exectued in a shell. %%d
> becomes /mnt/verbatim/regular expressions/ and %%f becomes wikka.htm.
> Why shouldn't the spaces contained in the macros names be replaced by '\
> ' (note the trailing space) during the conversion? And at that moment I
> do not think problems would appear. I still want to try to make an
> alias: ' '='\ '. And see what it gives.
Ok. The next release will support extra macros:

%p (or %%p) produces a series of full paths of each selected item in the active
pane (like %F or %%F now do for the inactive pane)
%P, %%P same as %F, %%F, just there for consistency

%$prefix$ allows prepending something to returned strings. So, for example, you
can do

opera %$file://localhost$%p

and that will send to opera the quoted absolute paths, each with the expected
prefix. With the quotes, there should be no need for space replacement, I think.