back with fedora, nvidia, and emelfm2 (64 bit) :-)

  • From: dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:14:50 -0400

Hello list...
Because of a failed power supply earlier this week, which caused my video card to overheat and burn myAGP slot as well, I had to buy a new motherboard, cpu, ram and video card. To make a longer story short...I got an AMD64 3200+ CPU. I haven't been able to run emelfm2 since I changed to debian sid from fedora early this year. Debian has a x86_64 vesion (sort of a pre-port) of debian sid which is pure64 bit, but I wasn't able to get my nvidia card or emefm2 to work with it either...So, I am back with fedora core 2 x86_64 now, as FC2 allows me to run my nvidia drivers and compile emelfm2 as well:-). UT2004 and my favorite file manager back on my desktop. Life is good.
--
David S. Yates
http://lottalinuxlinks.com