Re: another release candidate

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:20:06 +1000

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:51:36 +0200
Berend Veldkamp <b.veldkamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> It seems to work fine now!
>
> BTW do I need to do anythin special to get icons on the buttons, most
> buttons have a red cross, now.

That's what you see when it can't find the icons. I expect that the 'stock'
icons are not the problem, so -
1. open the e2 config dialog, change to advanced mode, pick a page with missing
icon(s), click any such icon to open the select-icon dialog, and check where
it's trying to find the icon. Should be <prefix>/share/pixmaps/emelfm2

2. check that the 'custom' icons are in <prefix>/share/pixmaps/emelfm2
3. check for read access permission for that dir and its contents

4. maybe your config file has icon path/filenames referring to another place.
In the config dialog, click the 'default' button which will revert all icon
paths (among other things) (or if you're feeling brave, edit the config-file to
fix all the paths)

Some of the above might give a clue to an error in the make/install process. So
any details would be appreciated.