Re: a minor bug

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:15:14 +1100

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:17:44 -0500
chris dunn <chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for Emelfm2. It is an excellent file manager, the best I've been
> able to find, and I've tried many.
>
> Homage to all who have contributed to it.
>
> I'd like to report a minor annoyance.
>
> If I have Emelfm2 open to a directory that contains a lot of, for
> instance .msg files, and I then go to a term window and delete all
> the .msg files from the directory, Emelfm2 silently withdraws into it's
> shell (closes), and I have to re-open the app in order to continue using
> it.
>
> Maybe this is expected behaviour,

Definitely not!

 but it seems rather odd.

Sofar, I've not been able to replicate this behaviour here, so we can only try
to figure it out the hard way, with some detective work ...

1. what version of emelFM2 are you running?

2. did you build & install it yourself from sources?

3A. if so, what were the 'make' parameters (if any) supplied when building?
OR
3B. if not, can you find out and report what 'make' parameters were used to
build the version you've installed?

4. what is 'a lot' in this context ?

5. does it make a difference if only a small number of files are involved?

6. after successful completion of the external delete command, the directory
contained
 A. other item(s) - files and/or subdirs, visible and/or hidden?
 B. only hidden item(s)?
 C. nothing at all? (i.e. the deleted files were the only items in the
directory)

7. do your filelists show a ".." item?

8. was any filelist filtering active?

9. does it make a difference whether the files to be deleted are displayed in
the active pane, or inactive pane, or in both ?

10. does it make a difference whether any of the files to be deleted is/are
selected in the relevant pane(s) before running the external delete command?