Re: Ubuntu Lucid repository version of emelfm2 -- icons?

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:22:41 +0300

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Prof. John C Nash <nashjc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By installing libmagic-dev, I was able to build version 0.7.3 OK.

Great.

> I noted that the Ubuntu version (0.7.0) when run from a terminal gives

I'm still curious what's the source for this Ubuntu package.

> /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
>
> but the built version does not.
>
> However ..... the icons are still only partially there. On my Asus UL30A
> running Ubuntu Lucid, both give about 60% of the icons as a default "no
> good" type icon.

That's strange. I am running Xubuntu Lucid on an UL20A, fresh install,
with 0.7.3 also a fresh install, and I have no such issues.

emel makes extensive use of 'stock' icons, if I understand correctly,
icons provided by the GTK icon theme. For the rest it uses those icons
contained in Config > Interface > Icons > path. It might happen that
your active Icon theme is incomplete. But Tom should know better.

> I suspect there are one or more incorrect paths or
> permissions or names, but don't know where to look to fix this. It seems
> like a bit of bookkeeping that can likely be easily fixed, and I'm willing
> to help, but am mostly an R and Perl programmer.
>
> If someone is interested, I can send a screenshot, but suspect the list will
> scrub attachments, so won't try until I hear back.

Please do so. You could for example upload it to tinyupload.com and
link it in the e-mail. Regards
Liviu