Re: Two problems

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:15:05 +1100

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:44:44 +0000
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:10:52 +1100
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > What behaviour/operation seems to trigger the crash?
> >

> As I said, I have been out of the loop somewhat for a few months now, and
> another thing I have learned is that I do have gkt 3 (3.2.3 to be precise), on
> my system.  I have got as far as setting WITH_GTK3 ?= 0

I guess you mean WITH_GTK3=1

 for the recompilation
> (maybe a futile gesture anyway), but it does not help.
>
> It is really hard to find any common ground between the files which trigger
> the
> crash, except to say that they are numerous and it does not seem to depend on
> length or any particular content.

Is it merely opening the file in question ?

Or scrolling, for example ?

  That is why I wanted to experiment a bit
> more and try to provide a more helpful bug report before notifying you.  Life
> is still a bit hectic today (it is getting late here now), and maybe tomorrow,
> but now that we are on to this I will provide the backtrace and some
> sample files which provoke the crash.

No rush, whenever is convenient. Maybe nobody else has this problem.

  To provide an initial quick example, the
> little text file attached is just a record of a youtube url for a piece of
> music
> and a translation of the text.  It crashes both my existing emelfm2 and the
> new
> WITH_GTK3 ?= 0 version.

No such behaviour here (gtk 2.24.4 or 3.0.12, I haven't been sufficiently
patient to overcome build-problems with 3.2.x).