Re: Translation

  • From: TomPh <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:44:25 +1000

>   I'm using emelFM2 since a couple of day
Welcome !

 and I like it a lot. In
> that point of view, i would like to offer a part of my free time.
> Infortunatly, i don't have any coder skills, but i'm wondering if you
> already through about a translation of emelFM2, to French for my case.
I can send you a part-complete French translation file (about 120k), if
that's of interest. I'd send it directly, on request, rather than lob
it to everyone on this list. Two other people have expressed interest
in a French translation, including the creator of the file in question.
But everyone is always busy, of course. Maybe you can collaborate.

>   About request, i've got a couple of them, i hope it will help to
> increase this application quality.
>  - double click on a archive or iso to enter on it and be able to
> add/extract/remove files. (see inside an archive already works i
> think, seems i have a problem on my pc, all archives are empty on
> that mode.)
emelfm2 does not natively support a virtual file system capable of doing
precisely what you want. I strongly favour a system-wide vfs mechanism,
rather than yet another incompatible application-specific one. There is
some encouraging work going on.

However in the meantime, there is a plugin which does much the same,
for some sorts of archive (not iso's). It actually unpacks the archive
into a temporary directory, and offers to re-pack when you leave that
directory.

By default, that plugin would not be activated when a supported archive
is double-clicked. But it's selectable from the context menu. The
plugin can be made the default action, by changing the respective
filetype configuration, in particular by making the plugin the first
command for that filetype.

>  - setup a mass rename tools as Krename or for people who know it :
> TotalCommander on win32. This rename tool is SO usefull, even more if
> it supports ID3 tags ;)
There is a plugin that allows you to specify where to look for item(s)
to be renamed, and can select candidates based on their current exact
name, or wild-carded name (?'s and/or *'s), or regular-expression. No
tags, I'm afraid.