Re: Tom's Icon Project

  • From: Reboant <reboant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:16:18 -0500

A L wrote:

---

Is it just me, or is the .svg actually an .png-file??!

Arnout

It was a png before I imported into Inkscape so it could be possible that the svg images actually has the png image inbedded into it.I really don't know anything about the importing and exporting characteristics of the program so you may very well be right.

If I issue an 'file icon.svg' on the commandline it says it is an .png-file. In general it doens't make sense importing an bitmap-picture in an svg-file, only to have an svg-file. The file then still doens't have any scalable vector-drawing elements, only an embedded bitmap-picture. If it has to be scalable, you can import the bitmap in sodipodi, and then redraw it :-).

In this case I think you could drop the svg's.

Arnout Lok

In the eye of gnome it scales just fine.I do have to admit anything larger 128x128 some flaws in the image start showing.
In other apps like the gimp and gqview it doesn't scale very well at all (a bad case of the jaggies).So it looks I will have to redraw each one of them in the future.Right now I'll just concentrate on finishing the set first.Thanks for pointing that out.

On a brighter side,I do have a few more icons but intead of uploading them I thought I'd just send a few screenshots and see what you guys think.
Most of these came from gnome and aren't my work so don't give me credit for anything but finding them. :)
The paneview.jpg contains a new icon that I'm working on.I was thinking of going with black because not everyone will be using the default gtk-stock icon set and wanted something neutral.I think its a bit too dark though.Any suggestions?Be honest and don't worry about hurting my feelings because you won't. :)

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image