Re: Support installation to chroot and allows easier settings lib64 for plugins

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:07:52 +1000

On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:53:32 +0200
josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
> > On Tue, 12 May 2009 15:32:30 +0200
> > Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> I attached patch with allows easier packaging of emelfm2. It is needed
> >> correct lib directory on 64-bit machines for some distros and also
> >> installation to chroot.
> > Josef,
> >
> > LIB_DIR is already supported, as you've proposed, in svn.
> >
> > You can change the PREFIX variable for the install phase, doesn't have the
> > same effect as your DESTDIR ?

> I think that this affect finding plugins as PREFIX is constant in
> build.h which is used in code. So after long prefix is plugin finded at
> bad place (build is in chroot but target is installed without chroot
> prefix). At least it show warning that in code is hardcoded chroot path.
> I can test it if you need test case.

Joseph,
PREFIX specified in build.h has no effect on installation, or vice-versa.

In the patch you sent, every instance of $(DESTDIR) can be handled by a change
of PREFIX (in effect, set PREFIX = $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)) for installation, like:
 make .... PREFIX=<whatever> ....
 make install .... PREFIX=DESTDIR<whatever> ....

So I'm not quite sure what you're trying to work around. Please describe a test
case, as you suggested.