Re: Sorry bout the previous post having a hijacked topic -my bad

  • From: Reboant <reboant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:23:38 -0500

dsyates wrote:

I have mentioned this once before. I have even metioned this in the debian irc channel on freenode. I have googled; I have done everything I know to do. I can make and make install just fine with no errors whatsoever on debian sid. emelfm2 installs just fine; but when I run it, I get the following error:

emelfm2: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by emelfm2)

I have had to resort to running the old emelfm

I am running debian sid, I have had no other problems compiling and running apps from source, although I tend to avoid doing so, opting for pure debian sid packages.

No problem with the highjacking.Just don't get too excited and shoot anyone. :)

I've never used Debian but hear its a darn fine distro.I'm assuming you have an /etc/ld.so.conf file.Open it up with a text editor and see if "/lib/tls" is listed (without quotes).If it isn't then add it,save the file and run "ldconfig" (without quotes) as root in xterm.