Re: SMP bug?

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:29:45 -0400

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:14:59 -0500
David Jensen <djensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I assume it's just me, or others would have reported.  I have an old
> clunker dual PIII.

It's not just you. I see something like what you describe. I'm on
an AthlonXP 2600+ (no SMP)

> With the last few releases, after deleting or creating a directory, I
> often cannot enter a directory in that pane, without refreshing or
> clicking the other pane and back.

I can often reproduce this behavior by renaming a dir, and then double
clicking to enter it. Also, when using the "unpack" plugin, if I try to
enter the tmp dir before the archive is completely unpacked, e2 will
sometimes throw me the "what would you like to do with..." dialog.
If I cancel the dialog, and right click the dir, and choose "open"
there's a good chance that e2 will crash, rather than open the dir.

> Hey, don't click the open button!

Hehe... yeah... good idea. :)

Jonathan

emelfm2-0.2.0