Re: Remapping mouse buttons

  • From: Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:11:19 -0500

Hi Tom;

That looks real good. I will have to modify my double click and paste instinct. Middle click
hides the output pane - not paste into the command window.

I did notice that ~adam/ does not complete. Neither does ~/.

Also when there are long commands (egrep something *) the command is echo before the command and then after the command with the status. Could the second command be abbreviated
to one line. It looks like you have a function that does this to a string.
Then it would look like

>egrep something <a long list of files that
wraps several line> (1234)
...   egrep output ...
>egrep something <a truncated list of files>... (1234) returned '0'

  Thanks.

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:55:03 -0500
"Adam Krolnik" <akrolnik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I tried the double-click & right click functionality.

For a file as one word 'formatCheck'
  - double clicking it, runs it (its an executable.)
  - Right clicking it, brings up the menu wuth "open" enabled.

For a file with a path "/home/adam/bin/formatCheck"
  - double clicking it just highlights the word that you clicked on - I
configured Xterm character
    classes to include "/" so that double clicking a path would select
everything.
  * It would be great to have this ability.
  - Right clicking it, brings up the menu with 'Open' disabled.

It scanned back and forward around the clicked point, looking for quote or
space character to delineate the item, so it would never work for a string at
start and/or end of line. I changed that, and now prepend CWD if clicked string
is not an absolute path.

You can get update from svn or last pre-release (dated today).

Bummer on the number of buttons.
I forgot to mention: need also to handle double/triple clicks, multiple pointer
devices.
I'll log button-bindings for further consideration for a later release.

   Soli Deo Gloria
   Adam Krolnik
   Director of Design Verification
   VeriSilicon Inc.
   Plano TX. 75074
   Co-author "Assertion-Based Design", "Creating Assertion-Based IP"