Re: Release emelFM2 0.5.1

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:07:33 -0400

Le Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:28:09 +0200,
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello Grégory, and thanks for the suggestions.
>
> 2009/3/28 Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > In your case, what does a "mount" alias do such as this one ?
> >
> > "> mount \2 && cd \2'"
> >
> I defined this alias for `mount', and this is what I get in the
> output pane.
> sh>mount "/mnt/myflash" && cd "/mnt/myflash"  (27601)
> sh>mount "/mnt/myflash" && cd "/mnt/myflash" (27601) returned '0'
>
> However, there was no action in the panes. The command was executed,
> but neither pane changed directory.
> Any ideas?

Found it:

Define mount as "> mount \2 ; cd \2".

I'm a bit confused though as of why && didn't work. If mount fails,
emelfm2 will try to go to \2 which may not exist then. && was here to
guarantee that mount was successful.

Tom, if you happen to read this, I've also tried to remove the gt sign,
as in "mount \2 && cd \2" and was warned that only root can do that,
although my volume has the explicit 'user' option in the fstab and
permissions are correctly set.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>