Re: Release emelFM2 0.5.1

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:09:33 -0400

Le Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:00:00 +0100,
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello Tom,
> I would like to report two minor issues.
> First, recently file.info started to display the icon of the filetype
> reported by `file'. I cannot be sure, but I feel that this feature
> eats resources. At least here, starting two-three releases ago, the
> start of the file.info dialogue became truly slow (couple of seconds).
> Another, more of a request, would it be possible after mounting a
> volume, say clicking "/mnt/myflash" in mountpoints.<menu>, to also `cd
> /mnt/myflash' in the active pane? It would be reasonable to assume
> that the next action from the user would be to browse to the mounted
> folder. Even if not so, it would not be too difficult to hit the
> `back' button.

Regarding your second request, I think you may define an alias in the
alias section of the configuration panel.

For example, here is an alias for umount that I defined for my usage:

"> umount \2 && notify-send -u critical -t 4000 'Ivman' 'Disk unmounted \2'"
(remove quotes)

In your case, what does a "mount" alias do such as this one ?

"> mount \2 && cd \2'"

Please note that the 'greater than' sign is required to enter the shell mode.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>