Re: Reactivate WM role attributes

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:04:02 +0100

Le Wed, 2 Jan 2013 12:18:21 +1100,
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 17:05:08 +0100
> Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to uncomment the following two lines?
> >
> > - src/e2_window.c, l.1342: gtk_window_set_role (GTK_WINDOW
> > (app.main_window), "main");
> > - src/dialogs/e2_window.c, l.305: gtk_window_set_role (thiswindow,
> > "dialog");
> >
> > I'm using Openbox as window manager and like to have main windows
> > maximized upon startup, while keeping dialog boxes at their
> > original size.
> >
> > Without those lines of code above, Openbox doesn't make any
> > difference between the main window and a dialog window, therefore
> > maximizing any dialog window. I know that seems lazy since I just
> > need to maximize the main window manually, but saving any mouse
> > gesture keeps me away from the carpal tunnel syndrome :-)
>
> Done.
>
> Any preference for
> //    gtk_window_set_role (GTK_WINDOW (window), "tabdrop");
> in e2_output.c ?

Indeed, I forgot about this one. I don't have much of an opinion on
this one, my concern was about the main window and the dialog boxes,
but I guess it can't hurt to have more control over window management.

Perhaps other users have an opinion on what to do.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>