Re: RELEASE - emelfm2 0.1.3

  • From: dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:31:16 -0500

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A new release is available at the e2 website downloads page.

Relative to recent pre-release (and patch), it includes one more bugfix, some
UI tweaks, compile-option enhancement, and more conservative treatment of items
to be overwritten. See http://emelfm2.org/Changelog

A note for testers of recent releases: by mistake, the pre-release dated
2005-10-28 already had in its config file the 'signature' for 0.1.3. So when
this 0.1.3 release is run, there will be no automatic update of a couple of
config options which have been changed since then. In particular, there is a
keybinding Ctrl-i, to toggle selection state of active pane items. The easiest
way to work around this is to click the 'default' button in the configuration
dialog.

Most excellent release!!!
I know there was a thread recently about Debian packages.
I was able to build debs on a sparc Debian machine on several occasions what seems like a long time ago now.
I tried to build ubuntu debs for this release but failed.
Any hints/advise for deb building from src would be appreciated, as I have obviously become somewhat rusty at it.

Thanks again to all for another fantastic release!

-- David S. Yates http://lottalinuxlinks.com http://lottalinuxlinks.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/