Re: RELEASE emelFM2 0.4

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 06:50:59 +0200

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 AM, dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get this when trying to view a document from the right click context
>  menu,"View" menu item:
>
>  Conversion from ANSI_X3.4-1968 encoding failed: "Invalid byte sequence
>  in conversion input"

I can confirm that this version (and several previous) have introduced
a regression in the automatic encoding detection of text files. For
example, I am alway prompted to specify the encoding (using the
default enca command) when opening the "contributors" file. I could
however provide many more examples of incorrect encoding detection;
the more unpleasant is when emel opens the text file using an
incorrect encoding, and no enca prompt pops up. Opening the same file
with, say, Mousepad gives the desired result (correct display
encoding).

Regards,
Liviu