Re: RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.6

  • From: dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:06:25 -0500

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:41:55 -0500
dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not a big bug (if you can call it a bug at all) or a new one, but I get this when trying to install emelfm2 with checkinstall (yes, I know that isn't the proper way to build debian packages, but some people do it that way):

sudo checkinstall -D make install yields this:

========================= Installation results ===========================
installing plugins to prefix '/usr/local'
installing emelfm2 to prefix '/usr/local'
install: setting permissions for `/usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1': No such file or directory

bzip2: I/O or other error, bailing out.  Possible reason follows.
bzip2: No such file or directory
Input file = /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1, output file = /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1.bz2
make: *** [install] Error 1

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

The makefile includes these ...

TARGET = emelfm2
MAN_DIR = $(PREFIX)/share/man/man1
install -d $(MAN_DIR)
install -m 644 docs/$(TARGET).1 $(MAN_DIR);
bzip2 -f $(MAN_DIR)/$(TARGET).1;

It might be that checkinstall tries to do its own compression ?
Probably the bzip2 command should be dropped, as distro's may prefer other
formats.

I am thinking the same regarding the bzip2 compression. Thanks.

--
David S. Yates
webpage: http://lottalinuxlinks.com