Re: RELEASE emelFM2 0.3.6

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:45:17 +1100

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:41:55 -0500
dsyates <dsyates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not a big bug (if you can call it a bug at all) or a new one, but I get
> this when trying to install emelfm2 with checkinstall (yes, I know that
> isn't the proper way to build debian packages, but some people do it
> that way):
>
> sudo checkinstall -D make install yields this:
>

> ========================= Installation results ===========================
> installing plugins to prefix '/usr/local'
> installing emelfm2 to prefix '/usr/local'
> install: setting permissions for `/usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1':
> No such file or directory
>
> bzip2: I/O or other error, bailing out.  Possible reason follows.
> bzip2: No such file or directory
>          Input file = /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1, output file =
> /usr/local/share/man/man1/emelfm2.1.bz2
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> ****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

The makefile includes these ...

TARGET = emelfm2
MAN_DIR = $(PREFIX)/share/man/man1
install -d $(MAN_DIR)
install -m 644 docs/$(TARGET).1 $(MAN_DIR);
bzip2 -f $(MAN_DIR)/$(TARGET).1;

It might be that checkinstall tries to do its own compression ?
Probably the bzip2 command should be dropped, as distro's may prefer other
formats.